What is Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
Founded on the principles of Chinese Medicine, the procedure involves inserting needles on specific areas of the face and on the body. This is to address all areas that may be causing stresses that result in fine lines and wrinkles. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture or Acupuncture Facelift (Acu-Lift) is a non-surgical method of reducing the signs of aging while simultaneously revitalizing the whole body. Acu-Lift is a holistic approach that will leave you looking younger and feeling reenergized.
What are the benefits of the Facial Rejuvenation Series?
- improves muscle and skin tone
- increases collagen production
- helps to eliminate and reduce bags under the eyes
- decreases tendency toward sagging and jowls
- helps to eliminate puffiness by improving metabolism, and thus eliminating excess fluids
- helps to eliminate fine lines of the face and has a diminishing effect on larger wrinkles
- moisturizes the skin by the increased local circulation of blood and lymph to the face
- improves facial color
- helps to lift drooping eyelids
- reduces stress evident in the face
- promotes overall health and well being
How does it work?
Blood circulation to the deepest layers of the skin is increased with the insertion of needles into key areas of the face. This increase in blood flow brings more nutrients to the face, stimulates collagen and elastin production, carries away waste matter, improves lymphatic drainage, and restores your skins’ moisture and color. Facial muscle tone is invigorated and wrinkles begin to fill in.
What is the course of treatment?
Twelve treatments are recommended. Usually results are visible around the seventh treatment, but the full 12-week session is recommended for lasting results. Each person responds differently, depending on the condition and the lifestyle prior to treatment. After completing a course of treatment, maintenance sessions can prolong the results. Maintenance sessions usually occur monthly for 2 to 3 months and then seasonally for as long as you wish to maintain results.
Andrea Cohen, M.S., L.Ac.